Let me ask you, what comes into your mind when you hear ‘Collagen’? Perhaps the common replies would be: Skin, Beauty, Ladies, Look Young, Slow Down Aging.
What exactly is collagen?
Collagen is the most abundant protein in the human body. Collagen is a hard, insoluble and fibrous protein that makes up one-third of the protein in the human body. It is regarded as the substance that holds the whole body together and can be found in the bones, muscles, skin and tendons .
Interesting Fact – Type I collagen fibrils are stronger than steel.
What’s the problem?
Collagen production decreases 1% per year, starting at age 18. The aging process is accelerated after age 30 with collagen production decreases 1.5% per year. Following menopause, in the first 5 years, women lose as much as 30% of their skin collagen .
What else are causing the problem?
Smoking, high sugar consumption, too much sun, diabetes, poor nutrition, stress (from excess cortisol), and poor hydration.
What can be done?
Firstly, avoid the above causes.
Special Notes for arthritis patients – A 1989 survey of over one thousand arthritis patients revealed that the foods most commonly believed to worsen the condition were red meat, sugar, fats, salt, caffeine, and nightshade plants (e.g., tomatoes, eggplant) .
Secondly, exercise. Thirdly, take quality collagen.
Let’s check out all the benefits of our biotech collagen product, Vitaking:
Vitaking Major Constituent: Hydrolyzed Collagen, Lemon Verbena, Isomalt, Inulin, Sucralose, and Tricalcium Phosphate.
Let’s look further of each ingredient.
- Protects the joints
- Maintain skin radiance
- Delay aging
- Reduce body weight
- Fortifying the cardiovascular functions
- Traditional herbs
- Anti-inflammatory properties
- Traditionally used as medicinal plant: Detoxification, eliminating pathogenic heat ; Promoting diuresis, enhancing the functions of the digestive system and invigorating the liver
- Refreshing and calming
- Traditionally used as spices; Treatment of asthma, cold fever, flatulence, diarrhea and skin disease
- Is the main ingredient of ATP ( energy source in the body)
- Can boost up the energy level in the heart and muscle
- Replenish energy for rapid recovery of stamina
- Help to restore energy in the heart, prevent heart attack
- Water soluble dietary fibre ( polyssacharide)
- Can not be digested, increases the good bacteria in the body
- Improves the pH level in the colon, prevents bad bacteria
- Diabetic patients can consume as artificial sweetener
Bee Lian – Rheumatoid arthritis for 16 long years.
“The joints fingers regained flexibility after 45 days of Vitaking. I was able to climb-up and down the stairs like people in normal health, together with consuming lingzhi and pollen. Flabbiness in my belly has disappeared & muscles have become firmer then before.”
Kwong Meng – 10 years of body ache, pain & numbness
Madam Loh – 10 years of pain healed
“As early as 1983, due to a bacterial infection in my right femur (the thigh-bone), I underwent a surgical operation and was hospitalized for more than a month. Following my discharge, no thanks to my recurring pain arising from the wound, I was retrenched from my former job in the factory. At that time, walking a short distance could prove to be a great challenge. To climb up or down the stairs, apart from having to leverage on the handrail, I must also do it very slowly for safety sake. By the middle of 2007, I came across VitaKing marketed by Shuang Hor. Upon learning that it was very helpful for the joints, I started taking 2 sachets of it on a daily basis. Some 2 weeks later and beyond my expectation, walking no long posed a problem to me. In the past, I would have to sit down for a rest barely after walking for 15 minutes. Today, I hardly feel any pain in the legs even after a long walk. I am really overjoyed. It truly is amazing that this problem, which has been nagging me for more than 10 years, is healing fast at such an awesome rate!”
Frequent Asked Questions (FAQ)
- Collagen is known to be a form of protein. Since VitaKing is rich in Hydrolyzed Collagen, will its regular consumption bring about excessive burden to the kidneys?
A: No, it won’t. As the protein content of VitaKing is provided in the form of Hydrolyzed Collagen, which can be efficiently assimilated by the body, it will not cause any burden to the kidneys.
- Is VitaKing suitable for consumption by children below 12 years old?
A: Yes, it is. Nevertheless, the consumption of VitaKing is not essential for children below 12 years old, an age group of whom the body is still capable of producing a large amount of collagen. Regular consumption of 1 sachet a day is however recommended for children who frequently experience nasal bleeding or tissue damage in the mucous membrane of the nose.
- Is VitaKing suitable for breast-feeding mothers or pregnant women?
A: Yes, it is suitable for consumption by both breast-feeding mothers and pregnant women and 1 sachet a day is recommended.
- Is it suitable for healthy people and those who do not suffer from pain in the joints?
A: Of course it is, as prevention is always better than cure. Day in and day out, the joints and cellular tissues throughout our body are undergoing constant renewal. Regular consumption of VitaKing will ensure adequate replenishment of collagen to facilitate repair works in the joints and cellular tissues.
- How does VitaKing contribute to enhancing skin radiance?
A: Collagen is one of the building blocks of the skin. It is by putting in place a sufficient supply of this tissue-building raw material that the skin can grow healthily. Besides, VitaKing also contains Lemon Verbena, which is helpful in relieving inflammation and soothing any local inflammatory onset or reducing swelling, apart from imparting the benefits of enhancing skin radiance.
- Lemon Verbena is known to be a natural anti-inflammatory agent. Is this efficacy only limited to arthritis (inflammation in the joints)? Can it also benefit other forms of inflammation, such as an inflamed and swollen throat?
A: Certainly it is. The anti-inflammatory efficacy of Lemon Verbena is helpful not only against arthritis but also various forms of inflammation affecting other parts of the body.
- As VitaKing is characterized by a mildly sweet taste, is it suitable for diabetics?
A: Yes, it is. VitaKing is also suitable for consumption by diabetic patients, as it will not affect the level of blood sugar in the body.
- Will there be any vertigo reaction following the consumption of VitaKing?
A: Some patients of arthritis will experience a somewhat increased level of numbness, irritation, or pain at the affected parts, while others may feel a weakening condition in the joints. All these are normal, indicating that repair works are taking place in the affected parts, and these improvement signs will go off after a brief period of continued consumption.
- Days after consuming VitaKing, I started feeling rather hot in my body. Why is it so?
A: We should always drink more water when we consume any health-care product. This is because all health-care products need water as the medium to dissolve them and deliver their intended function. At the same time, VitaKing also needs an abundant supply of water while imparting repairing benefits in the joints. As such, the problem of getting hot in the body will just go away by drinking more water.
- What is the difference between glucosamine and collagen?
A: Both are key constituents of the cartilage. The functions of glucosamine and collagen are comparable to those of cement and bricks, which are the essential materials for construction works. VitaKing offers a rich supply of Hydrolyzed Collagen, which can be directly utilized by our body to manufacture cartilage and promote the latter’s regeneration.
- What is the best timing to consume VitaKing?
A: While VitaKing can be consumed before or after meal, taking it with an empty stomach will however facilitate a better rate of absorption.
- Will VitaKing produce any side-effect?
A: No, it won’t. VitaKing is basically a health food that does not bring about any known side-effect, and hence is universally considered as being safe for consumption.
- I am now on a course of western medicine. Would there be any contraindication if I were to take VitaKing during medication?
A: No. Again, as VitaKing is a form of health food, it does not bring about any known side-effect and is universally considered as being safe for consumption, hence will not affect any on-going course of medication.
- What is collagen? What does collagen do?, Medical News Today
- Who Took My Collagen and How Can I Get it Back?, Rebecca Booth, MD
- Sobel D. Arthritis: What Works. New York, St. Martin’s Press, 1989.