I used to work as a babysitter a day nursery. Due to the nature of my job, I had to cope with a tremendous level of pressure, which had consequently caused me to suffer from continuing insomnia. Insomnia was truly a tormenting illness that caused me a great deal of pain and sufferings. In addition to feeling languid and listless, I was always miserable and gloomy. Later, the doctors diagnosed that I was suffering from minor depression and needed to take medications to keep my illness under control. Due to my insomnia problem, I had no appetite most of the time. I became thinner and my body weight had dropped to 40kg. At last, owing to these reasons I had to resign from my job at the nursery.
At the end of year 2002, I began to consume Lingzhi and Pollen under the recommendation
of my friend. At the initial stage. I consumed 6 capsules of Jia Hor Lingzhi and 5 capsules of Jia Hor Pollen a day. One month later, my insomnia was getting better and I began to sleep well at night. In April 2OO3 I changed my diet to 3 capsules of Yung Kien Ganoderma and 5 capsules of Yung Kien Pollen a day. As far as I know, Lingzhi’s beneficial in pacifying and relaxing me. Ever since my consumption of Lingzhi, I am able to sleep well every night and no longer suffer from lnsomnia, I became more energetic and do not need to take medications anymore. In addition to this, my body weight has gradually increased to my normal weight of 46kg All of my friends and family members feel happy for me.
Now I am in a new job. Not only am I able to cope with my workload, but I am also living a
healthy and happy life now.
The two supplement she took is Lingzhi and Bee Pollen. Initially she took lower grade lingzhi which is Jia Hor Lingzhi, then she upgraded to take Yung Kien Ganoderma. The difference is Yung Kien is explained in FAQ here.
In China, Lingzhi is widely used in the treatment of neurasthenia and insomnia. Scientists found that the extracts from Lingzhi work on the central nervous system, so as to calm the body. In a study, Lingzhi calmed nervous system in 18/20 patients after four months consuming it . In ancient Chinese medical publications, Lingzhi was said to “stabilize emotion”, “increase wisdom”, and “enhance memory power”. Recent reports state that Lingzhi has a prominent effect on insomnia caused by neurasthenia. Generally, it takes a period of 10 to 15 days for sleep patterns to improve, appetite to increase and body weight to stabilize. Lingzhi has a relatively strong effect on the central nervous system. To date, the effects of Lingzhi on neurasthenia and insomnia has been clearly described and stated in the published “China State Medicine Book”.
A study done by Dr. Shojiro Inoue at Tokyo Medical Dental University turnout out that Lingzhi have some “sleep-promoting factor”. Long-term application of Lingzhi cause promotion of slow ware sleep, but short-term high doses did not. 
Bee Pollen has more than 200 nutrients in it!
- 16 types of vitamins.
- 22 types of amino acids.
- 16 types of minerals.
- 94 types of enzymes (including co-enzymes).
- 28 types of nucleic acids and more than 200 types of other nutrients including carbohydrate.
Here are some of the vitamins and minerals which promote better sleep and improve insomnia:
- Vitamin B3 (niacin): Promotes sleep in people with depression-induced insomnia and increases the effectiveness of tryptophan.
- Vitamin B5 (pantothenic acid): Thought to relieve stress and anxiety.
- Vitamin B9 (folic acid): Helps to regulate mood and sleep patterns, especially in older people.
- Vitamin B12 (cobalamin): Reported to help insomniacs who have problems falling asleep, as well as promoting normal sleep-awake cycles.
- Vitamin D: Vitamin D deficiency has been linked to excessive daytime sleepiness
- Calcium: Calcium is a natural relaxant and has a calming effect on the central nervous system.
- Magnesium: It is an antidote to stress, the most powerful relaxation mineral available, and it can help improve your sleep.
- Potassium: Lack of potassium can lead to difficulty staying asleep throughout the night.
- Copper and Iron: Poor sleep can be caused by the lack of copper and iron in the diet. These minerals very strongly affect sleep patterns.
Guess what? Bee Pollen has all the above nutrients except Vitamin B12. I also learned that vitamins and minerals should be taken together for synergy effect. Taking individual vitamin / minerals will reduce another. So, bee pollen is the perfect ‘multi-vitamins’ and ‘multi-minerals’ supplement to help you to sleep better and treat insomnia.
- Dr. Mark Hyman, Magnesium: Meet the Most Powerful Relaxation Mineral Available
- Nutrient Effects on the Nervous System
- Insomniac’s Guide to Vitamins, Minerals and Others
- Tips for Resetting Your Internal Clock and Sleeping Better
- Kenneth Jones, Reishi – Ancient Herb For Modern Times